Monday, January 29, 2007

Road Rules!

I just got in from a 34 minute run and walk. I went 3.0 miles and it felt invigorating in this cold weather! I love to run in cold weather!

Some of you may complain of your lungs feeling like they are freezing. There is a solution. Layer your clothing and cover your head. I wear a technical shirt (running shirt not cotton) under a fleece top. The tech shirt wicks away the moisture to the fleece and it moves it out to the outer layer keeping you warm inside. The head cover (not cotton) keeps your head warm and moves the moisture away from your head keeping your brains nice and toasty. And yes, I wear warm up pants with running shorts underneath. With that layering, I stay warm and my lungs don't feel frostbitten.

Enjoy the cold because the hot days are coming! I'm going to go stretch now! Blog on Marathoners!

No comments: