Monday, June 11, 2007

Ran the Hills!

Scotty and I met up in Vicksburg this morning at 6:30 to run the six mile loop at the military park in Vicksburg this morning. It was a nice run and I ran it in 59:57. I sprinted to get in under 60 minutes!

I think we will do that from here on out, so if any of you want to meet in Vicksburg on Monday mornings at 6:30 to run a HILLY six miles - come and join us! It's a lot of fun (wink, wink) but it beats trying to do that at noon!

This is the time to stay focused on your training, go early in the morning before the sun gets real hot and hydrate, hydrate, hydrate!

3 comments:

Chuck Gautier said...

Whew We Nellie! You might have convinced me to come with y'all in March, but I have enough hills and sauna-type atmosphere here, thank you very much....

cjonesrun said...

Mark, when you say to try 2:1 is that 2 min. of running and 1 minute of walking or the opposite?

Thanks for the advice!

Cheryl

wayne said...

mark...went thru quite a few blogs...these folks are really something....makes me even more eager to help...wayne