Thursday, September 27, 2007

Professional Conferences, UGH!!!!

Well, I'm sitting in Philadelphia at the Pearl River Resort at a professional conference to get the needed CEU's to renew my license that is up for renewal. I'm about to learn about pedophiles. Woohoo! I'd rather be getting ready for Chicago!!

I know that so many of you are getting excited about the trip and it is great to see everyone reflecting on this journey. The reason why Robin, Matt and I keep on doing this is because of the life changes that we experience each year and the life changes we get to see experienced by our participants. The best part is watching the life changes in you!

We are down to the last group run before the BIG ONE and I am still amazed, even after four years, oft he tremendous transformations that occur over 35 weeks. I remember sprinting ahead of you in Belhaven to get to the turn around point and tell everyone to turn around or go further for the advanced distance. As I think about it, most of the "advanced" (not all) who ran that extra distance that day are not still training. It is all of you who started out with small steps and didn't do too much, too soon, or too fast that have stayed the course.

The good news is that there are no big hills in Chicago and you are ready for the course. I can't wait to see all of you on the airplane and on the boat tour and at the pasta meal and at the starting line experiencing this incredible event. You are going to be blown away! To see your excitement as you come back into the hotel with a medal around your neck, wrapped in silver blankets worn out and beaming is a real treat and is worth seeing again and again and again!

Now is the time to take some time and relax. Get your time and miles in and enjoy the experience. Here we go!

3 comments:

The Miller's Blog said...

Your kind words and encouragement always come at the best times. Thanks for all you guys do! I don't know where I'd be without this! I am so excited for Chicago!!!!!!!!

cjonesrun said...

All I can say is WOO-HOO!

Chuck Gautier said...

That paints a great picture- Silver blankets and medals on the neck! Woo-HOOO!