Monday, March 19, 2007

Ran and Race Walked

Well, I got out on the road today and tried out the old leg. I started easy with my iPod, Thermoskin calf sleeve and an stroll. I saw a cat get run over, but it ran away - just a lot of fur flying - and by the end of the street I decided to give the leg a try.

I ran a bit - not bad - 1 minute of running - let's try the race walking. Wow, that does make the shins pop! I walked at a 14:45 pace and I figured I could do that for a marathon - 6:30 marathon, that is.

The leg felt better and better and I ran more and it started feeling great! I didn't push it but I did get it going some and I felt great. Stretching afterwards was good and no residual pain - let's hope that stays.

INTERESTING - I read today in my advanced training for marathons book that when training for marathons your body burns carbohydrates and fat. When you are going fast, your body burns carbs. When you are walking and going slower, your body is burning fat. Hmmmmm.

No comments: