Monday, August 13, 2007

Excuse My Language But...

Do you have a "Damn-it Circle"?

I know, I know - an ordained minister using such language but if these long runs in the hot heat haven't elicited at least the thought of a cuss word than you get the Mother Teresa Award.

So what is a "Damn-it Circle"? Every time I encounter a really difficult situation that has me struggling and spooked, I bend over and draw a circle with my finger in the dirt or carpet (or dirty carpet). Then I stand up real tall and stomp as hard as I can inside that circle and say, "Damn-it, this will NOT beat me!"

When I am reminded later of my struggles, I remember my circle and breathe in the strength and resolve that I determined in my "Damn-it Circle" and I feel a whole lot better.

My circle has never failed me! When I get to the point that I have to whip out my "Damn-it Circle" there is no turning back - I will NOT be defeated!

Some of you need to whip out your "Damn-it Circle" or "Darn-it Circle" or "Dadgummit Circle" and STOMP, STOMP, STOMP and declare, "This will NOT beat me!" Then proceed with your success! You will run circles around those without a "Damn-it Circle"!

7 comments:

Carol said...

damnit damnit damnit
in a circle, in a square
you can draw it anywhere
get bad thoughts out of your hair!

Believe in Miracles ~ Lisa B Davis said...

Along those lines.... "if you're runnin' through hell (AND IT IS AS HOT AS...)... Just keep on going!

:)

The Miller's Blog said...

Priceless!!!!!!

Debra said...

Well said, Oh Gifted One!

Debra

Did I Just Do What I Think I Did? said...

My "darn it" circle is overflowing!
Jana

nissannurse said...

oooooohhh, I think I just made myself dizzy going around that circle so many times stomping on it!

Cro-Magnon said...

I don't know if I can finish now that I will be going around in circles.