Thursday, May 10, 2007

Ran the Lake!

I decide I wanted a change today, so I ran from my house to the lake across town and back. All together it was 6.95 miles and I did it in 1:11:17. It was a nice run and I enjoyed seeing the town of Clinton wake up. Since I was running on busy streets, I left the iPod at home and soaked up the sounds of nature. You gotta be careful with those cars.

I kept my mouth shut when I saw two ladies walking with traffic but I so wanted to tell them to get over on the other side. I didn't - I'm not their coach - but it's kinda like seeing someone's tag sticking out of their shirt and wanting to tuck it in but you don't dare do it because they will probably cuss you out for being too familiar (when you're really a stranger). Am I the only one who has that urge?

Anyway, I am going to shoot the last segment of my video tomorrow and that will wrap the first two installments of our video series - eight to go! I will also rest and get ready for the 7AM run on Saturday morning!

Blog on Marathoners!

2 comments:

Kim said...

All the time *sigh*. But usually during those rare instances I do say something, I've never gotten cursed out. Happy Training! :)

BJ Everett said...

I don't feel the urge to correct runners on the wrong side of the road. I do want to correct drivers that are speeding in our neighborhood where there are signs posted that children are around, and I hate litterbugs. I figure that the runners know they are on the wrong side of the road and want to run with traffic anyway. Bonnie