Saturday, February 10, 2007

Cars and Bikes

What a great day! The meeting turnout was fantastic and to see all of you moving up and down my streets is awesome. We will get even more stretching info to you and be sure to post your questions in the Forum.

After the meeting, I took my twins to learn to drive. It didn't go well. Teaching 14 year old girls how to drive a stick shift and maneuvering on a hill is crazy. There were tears and frustration and an overheated car from all the idling - yikes. We will do it again and this time I won't cry! (Wait, that wasn't me.)

Later, I flipped to the other side of the coin and removed the training wheels on my youngest daughter's bike (7) and she learned to ride without the training wheels. She did it! It felt great to be able to run up and down the street next to her and experience this with her.

I am pooped and the two oldest are going to the Sadie Hawkins dance tonight. Yikes again! I'm getting older and younger at the same time. Teenagers make me older, 7 year olds keep me young and Marathon Makeover keeps me stress free (almost) and in shape.

Blog on Marathoners!

3 comments:

queen said...

today WAS great!big crowd, sunshine. but watch that clutch with the 14yr olds. took my child less than 3 weeks to burn out a clutch - kinda pricey lesson!

Kayra said...

You can always do what my sister did when I was learning to drive a stick shift. She gave me the keys to her car (I had to go somewhere for school) and told me to go. I couldn't tell you how many times I had to start the car, but by the time I got home, I knew how to use both of my feet. although I'm not sure Clinton is a good place to do that. I learned in the "woods" of Wesson, MS.
It was great seeing everyone, Having so many people doing this with me is making it so much fun.

Kim said...

Hi Mark

Ugh, the driving experience brought back memories of MY dad teaching me to drive a manual, also through the streets of CLinton. We survived the ordeal & yes, I can drive a stick shift! But, to get the basics down, Dad let me drive in a empty, hilly parking lot (Metrocenter or Hinds Community College)on Sunday afternoons. They'll get it, if I can do it, ANYBODY can!:)

PEACE
Kim